Academic advising is an important component of your academic experience at the University of Georgia. You must meet with an academic advisor every semester before registering for classes.
Students should be full participants in the academic advising process. Although your academic advisor provides advice and guidance, each student is responsible for knowing and understanding the policies and degree requirements for their chosen major.
Find your advisor’s name in the contact list below, and then follow the instructions for scheduling an advising appointment. For other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the FACS Academic Advising Coordinator.
New FACS Students
- If you recently changed your major in Athena please check your SAGE Success Network for your “FACS Primary Advisor”
- Students newly admitted to UGA will be advised and cleared for course registration as part of New Student Orientation
- For other questions, please email email@example.com
Schedule Your Advising Appointment
- Go to sage.uga.edu and log in with your MyID and password
- Select the "My Success Network" option in the lefthand menu and locate your FACS Primary Advisor in the alphabetized list
- Click "Schedule an Appointment" to access your advisor’s calendar
Prepare for Your Advising Appointment
- Be sure to review your DegreeWorks audit before meeting with your advisor
- Review the Schedule of Classes
- Prepare a list of class options for the upcoming semester
- Note any questions that you have for your academic advisor
PLEASE NOTE: If you are communicating via email, please use your UGA email account to send messages directly to your academic advisor or the SSAC at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with us through our chat option.
|Culinary Science & Nutrition
|Family & Consumer Sciences Education
|Furnishings & Interiors
|Housing Management & Policy
Human Development & Family Science
|Human Development & Family Science: Child Life Emphasis
|Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-Being