Develop your personal, career, and leadership skills during the spring semester in the Legislative Aide Leadership Fellows Program.
- Develop significant leadership skills within a unique, consequential environment
- $4,000 in financial support
- Understand how legislation and policy apply to your future career
- Mentorship from a former Legislative Aide
- Stand out in your resume and interviews with a unique, powerful fellowship experience
- Create valuable connections with influential leaders and lawmakers
- Help plan a statewide event at the capitol
- Showcase your learning at a college-wide symposium and on social media
- End your semester early
- Consumer Economics
- Culinary Science and Nutrition
- FACS Education
- Fashion Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Furnishings and Interiors
- Human Development and Family Science
- Housing Management and Policy
- Nutritional Sciences
- Social Entrepreneurship
Graduate students should email Dr. Sheri Worthy, program director, to discuss the benefits at email@example.com.
Review local legislator bios here.
To learn more about the program, sign up here for one of our info sesisons.
- Thurs, September 22nd from 6:00-7:00pm | Dawson 116
- Mon, September 26th from 5:30-6:30pm | Dawson 312
- Wed, October 12th from 6:00-7:00pm | Dawson 116
- Thurs, October 20th from 5:30-6:30pm | Dawson 312
- Tues, November 4th from 5:30-6:30pm | Dawson 312
We are currently accepting applications for several cycles. This is open to undergraduate and graduate FACS students. Conact your academic advisor or faculty chair to help you plan for this unique fellowship opportunity. We are first and second year undergraduate student friendly if you're interested in applying.
For Spring 2023 applicants: 11:59pm, November 4th, 2022
For Spring 2024 applicants: 11:59pm, Friday, March 31, 2023
The Legislative Aide Leadership Fellows Program is one of the best things I have ever done for myself professionally and personally.
I made lifelong connections with legislators, lobbyists, state workers, and simply other UGA students. It truly was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I would recommend to any FACS student!
Representing FACS in our State's legislative proccess was one of the most enriching, life-altering experiences I've ever had.
Each day I was able to work alongside intelligent people, gain new career experience, and make lifelong friends and connections. I have to thank this college for bringing me this wonderful opportunity.
This unparalleled opportunity has allowed me to experience the legislative process firsthand
To say that I am extremely grateful to be a Senate Aide at the Georgia State Capitol would be an understatement. This unparalleled opportunity has allowed me to experience the legislative process firsthand and witness lawmaking in action.